City of Gastonia recently issued the following announcement.
The City of Gastonia is continuing its efforts to respond to the spread of coronavirus (COVID-19) and to help protect the public and its employees. City Hall, located at 181 S. South St., will be closed to the public beginning Thursday, March 19 at 8 a.m. until further notice.
“It is our responsibility to do what we can to keep our community and employees safe, so we are following guidelines as prescribed by the state and county,” said City Manager Michael Peoples. “The City will continue to monitor the coronavirus outbreak and will determine if additional measures need to be taken in the future.”
City employees can still be reached by telephone and email, and contact information for departments is available on the City’s website.
Other City-owned/operated building closures:
Garland Municipal Business Center, 150 S. York St., including Utilities Customer Service Center.
Customers can pay utility bills online, by phone at 704-866-6716, by payment drop boxes or by mail.
Cash payments on utility bills can be made at ACE Cash Express or at one of the City’s payment kiosks located at:
- Bi-Lo, 2601 S. New Hope Rd.
- Food Lion, 1024 W. Hudson Blvd.
- Ganesha Food Mart, 1617 N. Chester St.
- Food Lion, 111 W. Garrison Blvd.
- Food Lion, 3011 Union Road.
- For Code Enforcement issues, visit the webpage or call 704-866-6760.
- For Building Permits and Inspections, call 704-866-6729, ext. 3, or use the iBuild portal.
- For Engineering-related services, visit the webpage or call 704-866-6943.
- For grants, City-owned property, and Downtown issues, call 704-854-6631.
- For small business, retail, and general development, call 704-869-7866.
- For emergency business disaster relief, contact the Small Business Administration at 800-877-8339.
- Community Development, visit the webpage or call 704-866-6152.
- Keep Gastonia Beautiful and Sister Cities, visit the webpages or call 704-869-1938.
- Administrative offices closed to the public. Recreation Centers are closed and youth/adult athletic sports are suspended. For picnic shelter information, call 704-866-6839.
- Cemetery administrative office closed to the public. Call 704-866-6857.
- Parks, playgrounds, greenways and trails.
- Police Station front desk.
- Fire Station #1 front desk to obtain copies of fire reports.
- Bradley Transit Station, 121 N. Oakland St.
Original source: https://cityofgastonia.news/2020/03/city-of-gastonia-closes-city-hall-and-other-buildings-to-public/